Click here to view our countdown timer!
Have you registered for the centenary yet? Don’t leave it till the last minute!
Click here to view our August newsletter: Centenary Newsletter – August
Click here to download: Centenary Wall Order Form
Our first plaques have arrived back from the engravers and they look very good. This is to give you an indication of what you can write on the plaque and what they look like. We can’t wait to get these adhered to the wall!
Click here to download: Centenary Registration Form
- Please ensure numbers attending are clearly written on the registration form for catering purposes.
- Paper copies are available from the school office, or email the centenary team to get one sent out to you.
- Registration fees: $40.00 per adult (18 years +), $10.00 per child (5 – 18 years). Includes entry to all events except dinner on Saturday Evening.
- Saturday’s Dinner and Dance at the La Mer Lounge is $60.00 per adult.
- Payments can be made by cheque or internet banking or cash/eftpos (only available at school office). See registration form for details.
- Registrations forms must be received no later than 1 October 2015 to ensure your place at the celebrations.
Return your completed registration form along with payment to:
The Centenary Committee, 37 Huatoki Street, New Plymouth 4310
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This centenary project provides past and present students, staff and others associated with the school, an opportunity to buy a permanent historic plaque commemorating their time at Vogeltown. These will be mounted on the back of the Centenary Wall.
Former Vogeltowner Mr Darryl Hine was approached to build the Centenary Wall at the entrance of the junior school. Darryl has fond memories of his time at Vogeltown, and still lives in the area.
Click here for further information: Centenary Wall Order Form
Friday 23 October:
- 10.00 am – Registration desk open all day – school open for viewing
- 11.30 am – Special school assembly in the hall
- 1.00 pm – Exhibition sports games with Central School (our nemesis!)
- 6.00 pm – Get Together Evening at the school (light supper provided), cash bar available
- 6.30 pm – Welcome and performing arts presentations from Vogeltown School students
- 10.00 pm Evening finishes
Saturday 24 October:
- 9.30 am – Registration desk open, complimentary tea/coffee provided throughout the morning’s activities
- 10.00 am – Welcome, tree plantings, speeches, Jubilee Cake, raising the flags, ringing of the school bell, time capsule unveiling
- 11.00 am – decade photos by PhotoLife Ltd, complimentary morning tea
- 12.30 pm – Morning activities finish
- 5.30 pm – Pre-dinner drinks (cash bar) Dinner & Dance at La Mer Lounge, Pukekura Function Centre, Pukekura Raceway
- 6.30 pm – Karakia, dinner served (additional cost per person) followed by a live band
Sunday 25 October:
- 10.00 am – Final Farewell – your last chance to catch up with friends and join in with our good ol’ fashioned family fun fete!
- tug-o-wars, egg & spoon, 3-legged races, sack races – bring the family!
- 12.00 pm – BBQ lunch provided for registered guests (sponsored by the Home & School Assn)
- coffee cart, ice cream truck, bouncy castle and Photo Booth will also be onsite so make sure you bring your loose change!
- BBQ sausages, hamburgers, kebab sticks, cake/sweets, cold drinks will be on sale for non-registered family members and friends
The Centenary Committee is offering the following merchandise to remember the jubilee celebrations: (click here to view items)
- Centenary Book – $15.00 – Will be posted out after the event
- Coffee mug – $8.00
- Metal Drink bottle – $10.00
- Cap (black & white) – $15.00
These items must be pre-ordered (along with payment with your registration form) no later than 1 October to ensure supply. Limited stock will be available to purchase at the celebrations, however we strongly recommend pre-ordering to avoid missing out.
Want to know who’s coming to the Centenary Celebrations?
Listed below are our attendees (in order of registration receipt): This will be continuously updated leading up to Labour Weekend.
Don’t see a name that should be here? Let them know about the centenary!!
|Eileen Mandell nee: Dormer||Raymond Sleep|
|Cynthia Coomber nee: Canham||Barry Owen Cronin|
|Ellen Cash nee: Christoffel||Dave Burton|
|Michelle Moen nee: King||Ian Robertson|
|Robyn Roland nee: Fraser||Steven King|
|Dawn Kyle nee: Russell||Roger Brandt|
|Barbara Gartner nee: Case||Andrew Little|
|Andrea Tait nee: Cox||Trevor Snowden|
|Calvin, Matthew and Jessica Tait||Paul Cooney|
|Yvonne Burr nee: Black||John Hanning|
|Barbara Lonsdale nee: Cocker||Neville Christiansen|
|Vivenne Jones nee: Bretherton||Graham Cochrane|
|Nolene Hughes nee: Quin||Donald Putt|
|Lee Singer nee: Mayhead||Terry Stowers|
|Irene Gardiner nee: Fowler||Sydney Honeyfield|
|Audrey Ansell nee: Bretherton||Ashley Murray|
|Joan Hewitt nee: Russell||Michael Kruse|
|Patricia Keinzley nee: Fowler||George Honnor|
|Marlene Gauld nee: King||Barry Cardiff|
|Georgia Wills||Frederick Coldrick|
|Raylee Clark nee: Black||Nelson Lattimer|
|Luanne Gooch nee: Russ||Trevor Ashman|
|Marion Adlam nee: Orams||Graham Flannagan|
|Anne Hawkins nee: Vinnicombe||Owen Paton|
|Kaysha Penniall||Alistair Duncan|
|Shellwyn Roebuck nee: Chen||Neville Carmichael|
|Heather Lofthouse nee: Spence||Rob Riley|
|Valerie Vickers nee: Riley||Rex Rutherford|
|Flora Margaret Lister nee: Hetherington||Maurice Cowley|
|Geraldine Rose nee: Putt||Owen Sutton|
|Joan Marshall nee: Prentice||Graham Hill|
|Avis Marshall nee: Mason||Donald Dickson|
|Katherine Earby nee: Elliot||John H Honnor|
|Diana Hoskin nee: Maindonald||Ted Bretherton|
|Betty Burgham nee: Carmichael||Lewis MacLeod|
|Linda Agar nee: Clow||Bruce Hinton|
|Mitchell, Hannah and Nathan Agar||Josh Stirling|
|Heather Clow nee: Robertson||Grant Rutherford|
|Sharon Sheehan||Gary Alchin|
|Jill Emeny nee: Wheeler||John Terris|
|Beryl Day nee: Chuen||Gavin Griffin|
|Alison Downs nee: Chuen||Gavin Sutherland|
|Sandra Fox||Perry Richards (Alchin)|
|Sheila Parker||Richard Hales|
|Noelene Gilbert nee: Dixon||Colin Cook|
|Duanne Te Awa nee: Chew||Ron Schlup|
|Raewyn Tomasi||Phil Gayton|
|Heather Oliver nee: Jennings||Bill Phillips|
|Elspeth Honey nee: Paton||Donald (Tony) Fraser|
|Maureen Cottam nee: Riley||Peter Saxton|
|Glennis Bridgeman nee: Alchin||Noel Saxton|
|Louise Tester||Denis Sole|
|Jan Dew nee: Low||Richard Cardiff|
|Elsie Archer nee: Honeyfield||Tom Lancaster|
|Fiona Amer nee: McKee||Bruce Bithell|
|Susan McAree nee: Peters||Lou Donnelly|
|Pamela Bird nee: Prentice||Mike George|
|Pauline Haigh nee: Butcher||Jeremy Ogle|
|Leonie Jacobs nee: Hatcher||Colin Sarten|
|Phyllis Ford nee: Taylor||Robin Neal|
|Caroline Irving nee: Meo||Leo Neal|
|Sandra Garman nee: Harper||Nelson Cook|
|Jane Hann nee: Kennedy||Frederick Brooking|
|Janice Chinnery-Brown||Mike Donnelly|
|Marlene Ridley nee: Prentice|
|Frances Newman nee: Page|
|Lynnette Orams nee: Hayward|
|Jeanette Cronin nee: Taylor|
|Gladys Hansen nee: Franklin|
|Kathleen McAlpine nee: Honnor|
|Sheryl Jones nee: Williams|
|Glenys O’Keeffe nee: Hayward|
|Catherine McKee nee: Robertson|
|Beryl O’Keeffe nee: Bellringer|
|Jill Bennett nee: Sleeman|
|Cherie Smith nee: Hill|
|Sandra Weir nee: Hetherington|
|Sandra Peri nee: McMahon|
|Kay Christoffersen-Bates nee: Lambert|
|Maureen Davidson nee: Andrews|
|Irene Kemp nee: Fraser|
Click here to email: The Centenary Committee