Click here to view our countdown timer!
Have you registered for the centenary yet? Don’t leave it till the last minute!
Click here to view our August newsletter: Centenary Newsletter – August
Click here to download the Centenary Wall Project Form: Centenary Wall Order Form
Click here to download the registration form: Centenary Registration Form
- Please ensure numbers attending are clearly written on the registration form for catering purposes.
- Paper copies are available from the school office, or email the centenary team to get one sent out to you.
- Registration fees: $40.00 per adult (18 years +), $10.00 per child (5 – 18 years). Includes entry to all events except dinner on Saturday Evening.
- Saturday’s Dinner and Dance at the La Mer Lounge is $60.00 per adult.
- Payments can be made by cheque or internet banking or cash/eftpos (only available at school office). See registration form for details.
- Registrations forms must be received by 25 September 2015 to ensure your place at the celebrations.
Return your completed registration form along with payment to:
The Centenary Committee, 37 Huatoki Street, New Plymouth 4310
or email to: email@example.com
This centenary project provides past and present students, staff and others associated with the school, an opportunity to buy a permanent historic plaque commemorating their time at Vogeltown. These will be mounted on the back of the Centenary Wall.
Former Vogeltown boy Mr Darryl Hine was approached to build the Centenary Wall at the entrance of the junior school. Darryl has fond memories of his time at Vogeltown, and still lives in the area.
Click here for further information: Centenary Wall Order Form
Friday 23 October:
- 10.00 am – Registration desk open all day – school open for viewing
- 11.30 am – Special school assembly in the hall, sealing the time capsule!
- 1.00 pm – Exhibition sports games with Central School (our nemesis!)
- 6.00 pm – Get Together Evening at the school (light supper provided), cash bar available
- 7.00 pm – Welcome and performing arts presentations from Vogeltown School students
- 10.00 pm Evening finishes
Saturday 24 October:
- 9.30 am – Registration desk open, complimentary tea/coffee provided throughout the morning’s activities
- 10.00 am – Welcome, tree plantings, decade/class photos
- 11.30 am – Speeches, Jubilee Cake, raising the flags, ringing of the school bell, time capsule unveiling
- 12.30 pm – Morning activities finish
- 5.30 pm – Pre-dinner drinks (cash bar) Dinner & Dance at La Mer Lounge, Pukekura Function Centre, Pukekura Raceway
- 6.30 pm – Karakia, dinner served (additional cost per person) followed by a live band
Sunday 25 October:
- 10.30 am – Final Farewell – your last chance to catch up with friends and join in with our good ol’ fashioned family fun fete!
- 12.00 pm – BBQ lunch provided (sponsored by the Home & School Assn)
The Centenary Committee is offering the following merchandise to remember the jubilee celebrations: (click here to view items)
- Centenary Book – $15.00 – Will be posted out after the event
- Coffee mug – $8.00
- Metal Drink bottle – $10.00
- Cap (black & white) – $15.00
These items must be pre-ordered (along with payment) on your registration form.
Click here to email: The Centenary Committee