Kia ora Vogeltown whanau,
This evening the Prime Minister advised that Auckland will be heading into Level 3 Covid 19 restrictions and the rest of the country will move to Covid 19 Level 2 Restrictions – this will be in place from midnight tonight until midnight on Wednesday at this stage – although this will be reviewed every 24 hours.
We understand that a return to Level 2 may create some anxiety, especially given that there are some locations of interest in New Plymouth. Please be reassured that at Vogeltown we will support our learners and their well being and follow the guidelines from the Ministry of Health. We will keep the community informed on any further developments as they arise.
Tomorrow (Monday) 14 February:
*We will not have any visitors onsite – except for parents of children in Room 1 and parents of our students who need support. Our staff will be at the gates to help out. If you do need to come onsite, then please the scan the Covid QR code
* Every VS learner to bring a drink bottle – the drinking fountains will be closed
* Every class will have hand sanitiser and we will encourage its use* Swimming will continue as planned
* The School pool, playing fields and playgrounds are ‘closed’ after school hours
* If your child(ren) are sick, please keep them home for the next 24 hours. Any students who arrive at school sick – displaying Covid symptoms, will be sent home.
* If you were in any of the areas on the Ministry of Health’s website on these dates and times, then please follow their process of ‘what to do’
* Afterschool, please wait outside the gates for your child(ren) to come out – please try to maintain a 2 metre distance from other adults.
Below is a link and a memo as to our safety plans for the school at Alert Level 2 and how we are are responding to this change in level.
Covid-19 Vogeltown Memo 14: https://docs.google.com/…/1bC7qCLkH15igE3Qa6JVO…/edit…Vogeltown Alert Level 2 safety plan for whanau: https://docs.google.com/…/14VBrLjwRJWUiJLWVWWs4…/edit…
Take care, be vigilant and be kind. We have been here before and we knocked it back then, we will do it again!Thanks whanau, The VS team