Centenary Celebrations 2015

Due to the FIFA U20 World Cup being held in New Plymouth over the same period as Queen’s Birthday Weekend, the Centenary Celebrations will now be held over Labour Weekend 2015 (23 – 25 October 2015).  Add it to your calendar now!

10 thoughts on “Centenary Celebrations 2015

1. Please add our name to your register and keep us informed of developments for the 100 year celebrations in 2015.

Also- are our individual school records available anywhere?

Regards

Richard Cardiff – Class of 1941

1. Am hoping to make it over for the Jubilee,
    Was a pupil from 1945 -1952 had many a happy times at the school hoping to meet up with all past school mates, Please keep me informed of developments for the 100th year one. 2015

2. Hope to make it down from Auckland. Was a pupil from 1943-1950. Remember some of the above people. Hope there will be someone else there from my year. I emailed you a photo of my Primer 1 class photo. Hope you received it.

3. i’m looking forward to being at the celebration and meeting up with others from my class. Many I haven’t seen since school days. I was a pupil from 1943-1946.

4. I attended Vogeltown School from 1943 to 1951.I have 12 email addresses of my fellow class members from that period.Heres hoping that we all get to meet up again this Labour Weekend.

5. I was not on the email list and have just found out about the reunion. Of course I am coming!

I was at Vogeltown School from 1943 to 1950. I’ve lived in the South Island almost 60 years so am looking forward to my New Plymouth visit and catch-up.

6. Sad that I will not be at the reunion. Bit far to come for a weekend from Calgary, Canada. I have an undated newspaper clipping on my desk which talks about the reunion and features a picture of Form Two 1953. Been a joy to look at all the familiar faces. Very important years. Enjoy all the get togethers.

7. Have never missed a reunion since left school, even had a class get together in 93. This will be the last I guess unless a miracle occurs and I am around in another 25 years. Started in Miss Fugle’s class in 1944. Remember those toffee chips in an old polish tin, reward for good reading,and the circles on the floor with dots to teach us to count ??